We get a lot of comments asking if our biodegradable baby wipes are the best thing for the environment, and there’s a lot of debate whether it’s better to use these or reusable cloth wipes. Whatever your thoughts, it’s a confusing subject with more information floating around than anyone has time to digest, so here it is, all in one place:
- Biodegradable disposable wipes offer a fast and easy solution for cleaning your baby’s skin and everything they interact with. Once thrown away, they will decompose and leave no lasting effect on the environment.
- Reusable cloths are bought less frequently, but need machine washing. The money saved here may be unbalanced by the water and electricity use needed to sustain them.
- For sanitary reasons, reusable wipes need washing at high temperatures too, so the environmental impact of having the washing machine on is even higher.
- Reusable cloths are not a plastic-free solution. They require sanitary storage in plastic containers or waterproof bags, and the cloths themselves can contain plastic microfibers which are released with every wash into water systems.
- Biodegradable disposable wipes are hypoallergenic. Every ingredient included has been rigorously tested and selected based on its gentle properties, and suitability for use on newborn and sensitive skin.
- While reusable wipes are free of additional ingredients, the sometimes strong washing detergents can act as an irritant on delicate skin.
Choosing the perfect baby wipe for your family is a personal decision, and we want all of our customers to feel informed. We also want you to enjoy the time you have with your family, and we’ve created the baby wipe we feel is the best answer for everyone. According to some mums, washing your own wipes means an extra load of washing every two days, and when it comes down to it, we don’t need the extra hassle!
M&Y 100% biodegradable and hypoallergenic baby wipes: Kind to the planet, kind to baby’s skin, kind to your workload.